Wednesday 30 January 2013

A simple gesture

Today while going down the staircase of an apartment and reaching the ground floor, a stranger sitting on a bench smile at me and I smile back.I notice that he has a wound on his leg and a pair of clutches beside him.
So I just asked what happen to his leg. He answered that his leg was run over by a bus in Trengganu many years ago causing his leg to fracture. The doctor operate on the leg and put in metal stut and skin grafting on the injured leg. This wound still give him problem after all these years. The sad news is that after 5 years of court case, he was not awarded any compensation by the court. Why am I writing all these? It amazes me that just a simple gesture of asking "what happen to your leg" and he pour out his story. There are other family stuff which I will not mention here. But suffice to know that a simple gesture, a pair of listening ears and you will hear from the horses mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home